Sunday 29 May 2011

Joplin, MO

I visited Joplin yesterday to see my friend, Danielle, who lives there. She had to work, so I drove to see the heavily damaged area by myself. There was so much traffic, and I did not want to be in the way, so I just saw a little of it, but here are my pictures below. This is by far the worst thing I've ever seen, and it's just shocking. Completely shocking. My heart goes out to everyone involved in his tragedy.

 Everyone is truly pulling together!
 Already rebuilding!!
Everything seems normal and then a building gets out of the way and this is what is revealed. Unbelievable.


Power lines are just laying on everything... 

 The destruction goes on and on...


This church really got to me... and across the street the congregation has set up a temporary place. They're handing out free supplies and things. The people of Joplin are strong and amazing.

1 comment:

  1. That is just crazy. I've seen the aerial pictures online and it's still just so hard to believe so much devestation and destruction is just a drive away.

    ReplyDelete